Each month the IAB profiles a Council Member working hard to proactively define the future of digital advertising.
- Name: Luke Donkin
- IAB Council: Technology Council
- Involved in the IAB Council since: Since 2011
- Day job + company: Commercial Director, Exponential
- I joined the Council because: It’s important for all vendors to have an equal say in the advancement of the industry. Everyone needs to be at the table for best possible outcome.
- Recent key projects the Council has accomplished: Revising the council’s purpose and project of work. This is to ensure that like technology, the council is evolving in order to meet the needs of the industry and advancement in technology.
- Upcoming projects the Council is currently working on: We’re working on providing a more simplistic educational offering, in order to drive greater accessibility to technologies available in market.
- What excites me about digital: That anything is possible. With the ever evolving tech space, the reality is that we live in an age where a great integration idea can come to life easily, that same idea can be fairly well measured and with the advancement of hardware, consumer engagement is finally floating to the most important metric from any campaign. Pokémon Go is a recent example of this.
- If I wasn’t working in digital, I would be: The oldest 5/8 in the NRL, pulling on the #6 for Manly.