Avoiding Dirty Data: Know your way around the new Privacy Laws
Read the press release here.
On 25 February, the AANA, MFA and IAB Australia, hosted a free Privacy Workshop Avoiding Dirty Data: Know your way around the new Privacy Laws to help demystify the impact of new Australian Privacy Law reforms on marketers.
From 12 March 2014 the National Privacy Principles will be replaced by 13 new Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). These new privacy law reforms apply to all brand owners, agencies and publishers, and failure to comply with these APPs could give rise to penalties as great as $1.7 million.
The Workshop featured a presentation from Mark Bamford, Partner at TressCox Lawyers, on the impact of these reforms on advertising and marketing, followed by an expert panel discussion and examples of practices that comply and those which fall foul of the new laws.
The Workshop provided guidance on:
- How to manage the reforms
- Address potential compliance gaps within your organisation
- Understand procedures in relation to the collection, handling and disclosure of personal information
- Determine the impact on your direct marketing
- Identify issues with cross border disclosure of personal information
Tuesday 25 February
8:30 – 10:00AM Presentation
Level 16, MLC Centre
19 Martin Place, Sydney
To view the Summary of the Australian Privacy Principles, please visit: http://www.oaic.gov.au/images/documents/news-and-events/privacy-awareness-week/resources/AustralianPrivacyPrinciples_summary_v7_print.pdf