IAB Australia Research Director
IAB Australia is looking for a research director who is just as good with people as they are with numbers, who can see to the heart of complex problems and can think outside the box.
- Drive research and measurement related industry projects and initiatives
- Manage a range of subject specific councils and working groups with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Identify and initiate new research projects that provide value to members and help build and highlight the advantages of digital advertising and marketing.
- Representing the IAB publicly on measurement and research issues.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Chair the IAB Measurement Council
- Work closely and regularly with Council members and preferred audience measurement provider (Nielsen) to ensure the delivery of robust audience measurement for digital
- Liaise with other industry and trade bodies on measurement, research and related issues
- Keep abreast of industry developments in audience & digital measurement
Ad Revenue Tracking
- Manage IAB relationship with PwC for the production and methodologies used in the production of the Online Advertising Expenditure Report
- Liaise with other market revenue providers
- Keep abreast of developments in digital advertising revenue tracking
- Chair and manage IAB other councils as required
- Co-ordinate and drive industry research projects for these councils
- Ensure there is regular communication with these councils
- Manage any other research projects that are required such as industry studies and consumer studies
- Identify, analyse and share with appropriate councils any other industry research that could serve the member base
- 10+ years in the media industry with an understanding of media sellers and media buyers
- Thorough understanding of digital audience measurement
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing and advertising tracking, techniques and tools
- High level of experience in consumer and trade research and marketing effectiveness research techniques
- Understanding of advertising revenue tracking methodologies and services
- Understanding of local and global media landscape
- Knowledge of emerging media, marketing and advertising methodologies
- Several years of experience managing projects and working with a range of research providers and research methodologies
Technical / functional skills:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, marketing or psychology
- Several years of experience in quantitative data analysis, ideally in audience & consumer research data
- Experience using media measurement tools e.g. Nielsen, Comscore etc
- Strong ability to manage a wide range of senior stakeholders individually and in groups
- Experience chairing large meetings
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience presenting research findings to large groups and in public
- Internal -IAB team, IAB Board.
- External - more than 200 members, other trade and industry groups, research suppliers, overseas IAB and research communities