IAB Australia hosts online behavioural advertising forum for industry
2 May 2011: Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) today announced that it will be hosting two Online Behavioural Advertising (OBA) forums for advertising and marketing professionals. The forums will be held in Sydney on Wednesday 4th May and Melbourne on 31st May, 2011.
OBA is one of the most recent, exciting technologies to emerge in the $100 billion global online advertising industry. However, much public debate has ensued about OBA and the impact it has on the rights and privacy of consumers.
The IAB forum will give industry influencers detailed insight into how Australian practitioners of OBA can support industry self-regulation. It will be moderated by IAB Australia’s CEO Paul Fisher, with presentations by key contributors to The Australian Advertising Digital Alliance (AADA), the newly formed alliance behind the Australian Best Practice Guideline for OBA, and consumer website www.youronlinechoices.com.au
Tickets to the OBA forum are free for IAB members and $95 excl. GST for non IAB members.
The expert speakers include Samantha Yorke, Legal Director Asia Pacific, Yahoo! Group ANZ;
Jenny Duxbury, Compliance, Regulatory and Corporate Affairs Director, ninemsn; and
David Gaines, CEO Maxus Global and Chairman, MFA Digital Sub-Committee, who will address the following topics at the forum:
• An overview of the seven principles within the OBA Best Practice Guideline and how they apply in practice, a publisher’s perspective;
• The functionality of the www.youronlinechoices.com.au consumer website
• How the privacy landscape is evolving internationally and in Australia
• What OBA and the new Guideline means for your organisation
• An agency perspective of OBA, the opportunities, and the importance of this initiative to continued industry growth;
• How you can support this initiative
About the Interactive Advertising Bureau
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Limited is the peak trade association for online advertising in Australia. As one of over 32 IAB offices globally, and with a rapidly growing membership, IAB Australia’s principal objective is to increase the share of advertising and marketing dollars that interactive media captures in the marketplace.
Incorporated in July 2010 by nine founding members - Fairfax Digital, Fox Interactive Media, News Digital Media, ninemsn, REA Group, Ten, Yahoo!7, and Sensis Media Smart - together with the Australian Interactive Media Industry Association (AIMIA), the IAB has four objectives:
• To develop, coordinate and promote industry standards and guidelines that make interactive advertising a simpler and more attractive medium for agencies, advertisers and marketers
• To prove and promote the effectiveness of interactive advertising to advertisers, agencies, marketers, and the press
• To be the primary advocate for the interactive marketing and advertising industry
• To expand the breadth and depth of IAB membership while increasing direct value to members
For further information about IAB Australia please visit: www.iabaustralia.com.au
For more editorial information please contact:
Pru Quinlan or Ashleigh Favaloro
T: (02) 8905 0995