Calling All Australian Search Marketing Geeks: Marin Software & SMX Announce Annual Biggest Search Geek Contest Open.
Australia - Marin Software, provider of the leading digital ad management platform for advertisers and agencies, and Search Marketing Expo this week launched the 5th Annual "SMX Biggest Search Geek Contest," the popular quiz-based contest that tests search marketers' industry knowledge. More than 2,000 marketers participated in last year's challenge and with the contest expanding to include Australia and the UK, the competition reaches new heights. The contest has become more difficult and competitive over the last five years mirroring the search industry's increasing complexity and dramatic growth
- The SMX Biggest Search Geek contest sponsored by Marin Software is open to anyone willing to test their SEM chops with 20 tough questions about search marketing on topics ranging from ad bidding, quality score, history of search, SEO, Facebook, mobile, and retargeting.
- The contest runs from Dec 10, 2012 at 7.01pm—Feb 16, 2013 at 06.59pm EDT Melbourne. The first-place winner will win an all-expense paid trip for two to San Jose, California for the 2013 SMX West conference to be held March 11-13, 2013.
- The winner will be presented with an award on stage by SMX producer Danny Sullivan and Marin Software VP of Marketing Matt Lawson. This year, the winner will also receive an Apple iPad Mini. Second- and third-place winners will also win Apple iPad Minis. The top 10 finishers receive a 6-month premium member subscription to Search Engine Land, and the top 50 entrants will receive a search geek recognition award as well as a limited edition t-shirt.
- Last year, more than 2,000 search marketing professionals participated in the contest. The winner of last year's contest won with a score of 90% in 24 minutes with the runner up also scoring 90% but in 27 minutes.
- "We are thrilled that Australian search marketers have the chance to showcase their SEM expertise and potentially be recognised globally," said Nick Gill, MD at Marin Software Australia. "Marin have made no exceptions to the toughness of this year's SMX Biggest Search Geek contest. We hope that Australian search marketers get onboard and have some fun with this competition. We would love the winner to be an Australian so we can put Australia on the map as the stomping ground of the world's Biggest Search Geek."
- "I'm aiming to do something never done before and repeat my win of the Biggest Search Geek contest," said Tomislav Maric, Director of Performance Marketing at Beeby, Clark+Meyler. "I've been brushing up on my Adwords and adCenter knowledge, my algorithms, and campaign management tricks. I look forward to setting the bar once again."
- Enter the 2013 Biggest Search Geek Contest: http://biggestsearchgeek.com
- About SMX West 2013: http://searchmarketingexpo.com/west/
- About Marin Software: http://www.marinsoftware.com.au/
About SMX Social Media Marketing and Third Door Media: The Search Marketing Expo - SMX conference series is produced by Third Door Media, Inc. Third Door Media's mission is to empower internet and search marketing professionals by providing trusted content and community services they need to be successful. Search Marketing Expo conferences are held around the world and include: SMX West (San Jose, CA), SMX East (New York City), SMX Advanced (Seattle, WA and London, England), SMX Munich, SMX Toronto, SMX Sydney, SMX Melbourne, SMX Paris, SMX Stockholm, SMX Israel and SMX Social Media Marketing (Scottsdale, AZ).
About Marin Software: Marin Software provides the leading digital ad management platform used by advertisers and agencies to manage more than $4 billion in annualized ad investments. Offering an integrated platform for search, social, display, and mobile marketing, Marin helps advertisers and agencies improve financial performance, save time, and make better decisions. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located worldwide including Sydney, Marin's technology powers marketing campaigns in more than 160 countries. Marin Australia's clients include Lasoo, IKON and Open Universities. For more information, please visit: http://www.marinsoftware.com.au.
That Communications Company
firstname.lastname@example.org / 03 9387 9000