Australians Come Home to a New Homepage from Yahoo!7. Yahoo!7
Sydney, Australia, 19 October, 2012 – Yahoo!7 today announced the full launch of its new homepage. The homepage will provide Yahoo!7's audience of over eight million Australians easier access to even more of the premium content available from across the Yahoo!7 network.
The new Yahoo!7 destination is less cluttered, offers low-touch customisable features and easy access to Australia's leading media brands. The new horizontal navigation makes it easier to find content, and the new 'most popular' section showcases the best news, TV and video content available.
Kath Hamilton, Director of Audience and Operations, Yahoo!7 said, "Through our research, we know the way the Yahoo!7 audience views and consumes online content is changing. The new Yahoo!7 homepage was designed with this in mind. People can stay up to date on the latest news and views, catch-up on their favourite shows from Channel Seven or quickly check their email anywhere, anytime."
"With 4.5 million Australians already accessing the Yahoo!7 network on mobile devices, our content now automatically knows which device you're on and provides the best user experience for that device. We call this being device aware," Kath said.
The new homepage was built in Australia by local Yahoo!7 developers and includes features designed especially for our Australian audience, including:
• Welcome Note: A personalised welcome note may feature articles of interest to the user.
• Easy access to Australia's favourite media brands: The main navigation bar is horizontally positioned at the top of the page, making it easier to find the depth of great content available on Yahoo!7 including Channel Seven TV shows and leading magazine titles such as Marie Claire, Better Homes & Gardens, Who and Famous.
• Quick-and-easy access to email: Email icon hover overlay for signed-in users. This feature displays a preview of recent inbox emails without having to leaving the homepage.
• Mobile and Tablet: The new homepage has been designed device aware. This enables the content to automatically optimise itself and enhance the user experience for that device.
• TV Guide: The TV Guide icon has hover overlay showing when your favourite show is on without the need to leave the homepage.
• PLUS7: One of our most popular homepage modules showcases our full episode TV content including 'Featured', 'Just Added' and 'Soon to Expire' shows.
• Video: 'Must-See Video' module surfaces popular video content.
• Finance: Signed-in users can view snapshots of the first four items in their finance portfolio.
• News: 'Top Headlines' added to promote comprehensive news items. Light personalisation options are available to filter news of interest in the news section further down the page.
• Lifestyle: Lifestyle content topics can be personalised through light-touch customisation.
The Yahoo!7 homepage is now available to all Australians and can be viewed at: au.yahoo.com
For further information please call or email:
PR Manager, Yahoo!7
tel: 02 8288 44817
mob: 0449 226 959
Text100 Public Relations for Yahoo!7
tel: 02 9956 5733
Yahoo!7 (yahoo7.com.au) is one of the most comprehensive and engaging online destinations for Australian consumers and advertisers. Formed as a 50-50 partnership between the Seven West Media Group (ASX: SWM) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO), Yahoo!7 brings together the successful Australian internet business, Yahoo! Australia & NZ, and the online assets and television and magazine content of the Seven Network, one of Australia's leading media companies. The company also combines the strengths of Yahoo! search and communications capabilities and its global internet network, with Seven's rich media and entertainment content and marketing capabilities.