Yahoo!7 Launches New Homepage. Yahoo!7
Sydney, Australia, 24 September, 2012 – Yahoo!7 today announced the beta launch of its new homepage ahead of the full release in mid-October. The new design is a result of extensive research and delivers more of what users and advertisers want from the Yahoo!7 homepage.
Stuart Sayers, CEO, Yahoo!7 said, "How people are using the web and mobile devices is changing. With the launch of the new site, we've delivered a homepage that makes it easier to access our premium content and engage our more than 8 million users in a way that makes sense for them."
"The new Yahoo!7 homepage is less cluttered making it easier to find the content that people want, has features that increase user engagement and time on the page, and recognises that people are using different devices to access different content across the day."
"We're proud of what the team has delivered and we will continue to innovate to meet the needs of our audience and advertisers," he said.
The new homepage, which was built by the local Yahoo!7 team in Australia, delivers on what users and advertisers want, including:
- Easy access to Australia's favourite media brands: The main navigation bar is horizontally positioned at the top of the page with a prominently positioned Yahoo!7 search box to make it easier to find the depth of great content available on Yahoo!7.
- Quick-and-easy access to email: We've built-in an innovative hover overlay for logged-in mail users. This feature displays a snapshot of the most recent emails in a user's inbox without leaving the homepage.
- Longer page: A longer page design showcases the breadth of content available on the Yahoo!7 network without creating a cluttered and overwhelming experience for the user.
- Mobile and Tablet: We've built the new homepage in a way that allows the content to become device aware, enabling it to automatically optimize itself for the device that it's being viewed on.
- Branded and custom destinations: There is a strong advertiser demand for branded and custom destinations on Yahoo!7. The new design integrates sponsored content modules, enabling delivery of this unique content at scale. By contextually linking advertising content, advertisers will reach even more consumers who are interested in their messages.
- Relevant advertising: Users indicated a strong preference for advertising that contextually relates to what they are viewing. The 'brought to you by' logos will allow advertisers to align themselves with the premium content across our key properties while maximising the reach of our homepage audience.
The Yahoo!7 homepage is in beta phase and is currently by invitation only for selected clients, users and partners. The homepage will become available to all Australians in the coming weeks as it is prepared for full release in mid-October.
The Yahoo!7 homepage is in beta phase and is currently by invitation only. If you would like to take part in the beta please contact Yahoo!7. To support this press release, a selection of media materials have been developed including, an infographic on the evolution of the Yahoo!7 homepage; a fact sheet; and key feature screen shots.
For further information please call or email:
PR Manager, Yahoo!7
tel: 02 8288 44817
mob: 0449 226 959
Text100 Public Relations for Yahoo!7
tel: 02 9956 5733
mob: 0412 065 715
Yahoo!7 (yahoo7.com.au) is one of the most comprehensive and engaging online destinations for Australian consumers and advertisers. Formed as a 50-50 partnership between the Seven West Media Group (ASX: SWM) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO), Yahoo!7 brings together the successful Australian internet business, Yahoo! Australia & NZ, and the online assets and television and magazine content of the Seven Network, one of Australia's leading media companies. The company also combines the strengths of Yahoo! search and communications capabilities and its global internet network, with Seven's rich media and entertainment content and marketing capabilities.