Australian Online Landscape Review: Interactive - April 2016
Welcome to the April 2016 edition of your Nielsen Digital Landscape. The digital landscape in April 2016 saw Australians spend 55 hours surfing online across over 240 sessions per person.
Other key highlights from Digital Ratings (Monthly), April 2016 include:
- A significant surge in audiences to many of the key video and movie sites
- Event Cinemas, Hoyts and Village Cinemas witnessed double digit gains in unique audience
- Anzac Day ceremonies encouraged a 137% increase in traffic to the Australian War Memorial channel, which saw its unique audience jump from 213,000 to 505,000
- Travel applications attracted additional unique audiences with Qantas Airways, the current mobile app leader in its field, witnessing a significant 202% gain in unique audience from 211,000 to 638,000
- Sports sites maintained strong gains, particularly the AFL and NRL sites, as well as Fox Sports Pulse
- In the news and information category, the top three leaders - News.com.au, smh.com.au and ABC News Websites - remained consistent
You can view the complete landscape report here.