Nielsen: Australian Online Consumer Report 2011-2012
Published on Monday, 05 March 2012 in the categories Research & Resources, Mobile Resources, Audience Measurement and Nielsen
Key findings from the Nielsen Australian Online Consumer Report insights include:
- Time spent accessing mobile internet continues its upward trend: 4.2 hours per week, up 20% from 3.5 hours in 2010.
- Tablet computers more than doubled in penetration among Australian homes: 18% of households now own a tablet computer up from 8% in 2010 and forecast to be in 39% of homes by 2013
- Multi‐screen behaviour is now a daily habit and presents opportunities to stimulate action or engagement across screens. Six in ten online Australians have used the internet while watching TV; more than one third do it on a daily basis.
- Day part analysis reveals online shopping and browsing most popular in the evening: More than one in five online Australians shop/browse online between 6pm and 10pm.
- More Australians have embraced social platforms to connect with brands: One of the key areas of participation with social media in 2011 was in 'Liking' brands (now 57% up from 46% in 2010).